Subject: Re: X server on PCI (was Re: list of supported models)
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/27/2004 21:40:31
On May 27, 2004, at 12:34 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:

> We support the build-in vga card (machfb* at pci?) - but the X source
> has
> not been mangled to know about this - which was (from my point of view)

Ah, gotcha.  So, console ought to work on any Open Firmware PCI card,
but the X server doesn't yet grok them.  It ought to be a SMOP.

> Now we have a chance
> and can even do fast test compiles for sparc (sparc and sparc64 are
> hardly
> separated inside X). Volunteers welcome.

OK.  If there's the chance of eventual support, I'll probably get one
of those Radeon 9200 PCI cards.  That ought to work in just about every
PCI platform.  Looks like they're going for ~US$120.

   -- MW