Subject: Re: parallel printing
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com, port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/21/2004 14:05:42
[...Yah, I know... following up to myself :-)]

In message <200405211759.i4LHxAUp005739@fearless-vampire-killer.waterside.net>,
 I wrote:

-> In message <200405202325.i4KNPKw20283@toad.rmkhome.com>, you write:
->
-> -> NetBSD 1.6.2_RC4
-> ->
-> -> What do I need to do to print to lpa0 or lpt0?
-> ->
-> -> Is this still not working?
->
-> I think the answer is probably "yes, it's not working".  [...]
-> OTOH, the changes were trivial, so they'd probably be easily hacked in
-> to your 1.6 branch sources (it was literally adding DELAY(1) in three
-> places).

If you're willing to put that change into your 1.6.x lpt.c and that makes
your printer work, I'll be happy to submit a pullup to the 1.6 branch for
that change as well... I just didn't have a 1.6 system to test on, and I
didn't want to ask for a pullup without testing.

(One other thing that may be an issue is conf.c not having an entry for
 lpt, and/or MAKEDEV not making the nodes by default/making them with
 the wrong majors; I think we had both issues in the past, but my memory
 is hazy on when they were fixed and/or if they're in 1.6.x)

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill