Subject: Re: Quite off topic: Anyone using a DTK Ultra AXi Clone?
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/21/2004 09:16:30
On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 07:21:26AM +0000, rivo nurges wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 04:22:16PM -0500, Mike Parson wrote:
>> Looks like a standard AXi Motherboard, same one I've got at home in a
>> Tatung U10S-360.
>>
>> I downloaded updated firmwares from Sun:
>>
>> http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/nep/hardware/boards/axi/index.html
>>
>> Only problem is the Sun provided updater only runs under Solaris.
>
> I have donwloaded floppy image from sun and updated 2 AXi boxes with it.
> You just have to boot from floppy.

Ah.  My box doesn't have a floppy in it. =) Easy enough to correct that
though.

One of these days I need to spend some quality time with my AXi and get
NetBSD loaded on it.  My last couple attempts didn't work so well.  The
netboot and install go great, but the first boot afterwards fails out.
IIRC, something about no console.  Don't have any more info than that
right now, its been a while since I tried.  Between work and a toddler,
don't have much play-time at home.

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org