Subject: Re: Should an e450 work?
To: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/06/2004 22:33:46
On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 10:34:38PM -0500, Peter Eisch wrote:

> Rebooting with command: boot disk:b netbsd
> Boot device: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@0,0:b  File and args: netbsd
> NetBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock
> ..>> NetBSD/sparc64 OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.6
> >> (autobuild@tgm.netbsd.org, Tue May  4 23:53:02 UTC 2004)
> devopen: getdisklabel sez no disk label
> devopen: search_label sez no disk label
> loadfile: reading header
> elf64_exec: Booting /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@0,0:b/netbsd
> 4969896@0x1000000+164432@0x1800000+4029872@0x1828250
> symbols @ 0xfef58400 149+380664+226458 start=0x1000000
> chain: calling OF_chain(800000, cbb0, 1000000, fff7fa80, 18)
> Fast Data Access MMU Miss
> {0} ok
>

> What might I need to  do in order to get this guy to go?  Pull cpus out?

That's not neseccerily kernel. It can be ofwboot or miniroot image problem
as well.

First try 'boot disk0:b netbsd -dV' and check if it discover new information.
If you get prom prompt try '.trap-registers' and '%tl-c .' commands.

Then, to avoid possible miniroot problem I'd set up netboot environment and
start from there.

Then I'd let netbsd developer remote access your box.

	Andrey