Subject: Re: installed OK but can't boot on my Adaptec 29160
To: James Bilotto <jb13@gomerbud.com>
From: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/05/2004 16:31:27
On Wed, 5 May 2004 02:18:05 -0700, James Bilotto <jb13@gomerbud.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 10:21:59PM +0200, Michael Lehmann wrote:
> > Hello Sean,
> >
> > it's not possible to flash a 29160 with the 2940-UW firmware, they use different
> > controllers chips.
> > I hope James can recover his 29160.
>
> I used the mac 29160 firmware, and the card still works, i just can't boot
> from it for now.

I never said nor meant to imply that you should flash a 29160 with
2940-UW firmware. I assumed that you would be able to find 29160
firmware to flash it with. I've never flashed any adaptec cards; the
only one I have that is flashed for OFW came that way from the friend
who gave it to me. But, I've been told that you can flash the 29160s
for OFW also, so I relayed that information. Sorry if it screwed your
card up, but I'm just the messenger ;-)