Subject: Re: running NetBSD/sparc binaries on NetBSD/sparc64
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Vicky Staubly <vicky@steeds.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/17/2004 18:30:27
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Sean Davis wrote:
> What is the proper method for setting up a NetBSD/sparc64 machine so that
> one can run NetBSD/sparc binaries on it? I saw a post (I believe by mrg@)
> that said that all you need is COMPAT_NETBSD32 in the kernel and the
> necessary libraries under /emul/netbsd32... I untarred (preserving
> permissions/owners of course) base.tgz from NetBSD/sparc under
> /emul/netbsd32, but nothing 32-bit runs. I'm pretty sure I've missed
> something... anybody know what? :-)

Sorry if this is too obvious, but I find the obvious part is what
I always forget. :-) Did you check to see if your kernel is built
with the COMPAT_NETBSD32 flag enabled? I'm not sure if it's enabled
in the pre-built ("GENERIC") kernel, I'm just now downloading the
kernel source myself (I've customized my FreeBSD kernel, but haven't
yet messed with either of my NetBSD sparc kernels - 1 32-bit and 1
64-bit).

--
Vicky Staubly        http://www.steeds.com/vicky/         vicky@steeds.com