Subject: Keyboard and Booting with Options
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Main <imain@stemwinder.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/11/2004 17:53:05
So, in my attempt to upgrade to -current today, I blew up my
machine.  I think I can get out of it using /rescue.  The
system in question is an Ultra 10.

When I boot, I use boot -s -a, and so I'd like to be able to
specify /rescue/init as init, but when it comes to prompt
me for a root fs (/dev/wd0a), the keyboard is unresponsive.
Is this normal?  Is there anyway around it?

I've tried both the previous kernel I had and the kernel I
just built and both exhibited the problem.

I could hook up a serial console at some point, but I don't have a
cable or I would have aleady done so.

Thanks!

	Ian