Subject: Re: port-sparc64 1.6ZI panics
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@NetBSD.org>
From: ali (Anders Lindgren) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/12/2004 20:08:45
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Andrey Petrov wrote:

> I built that package all right, no problem. The machine is U2 with 16ZI
> kernel. Is panic easily reproducable? What is your kernel config?

  Panic was easily reproducable (just by typing "make clean; make").
The machine is a plain SBus Ultra1-143MHz with 128MB RAM and serial
console.

  I'm afraid I forgot to save my kernel config, and the actual kernel. I
tried once more and updated (with cvs) -current on Tuesday Feb 10, but
that kernel crashed so hard I had to power-cycle the machine -- it never
got past mounting any filesystems, so the filesystems were clean when I
rebooted the old kernel!

  I need this machine up and running something stable (since it's going to
run a web-server and DNS my domain) asap, so I just nuked it and installed
1.6.2_RC4, which is really a pity since I'd like native pthreads, esp.
for mysql and bind9 and stuff like that.

  I am going skiing for a week tomorrow but will re-install -current on an
other U1 when I get back so I can test it more and perhaps get a stable
snapshot for my server U1. Only problem is my only other U1 is here at
home (56K modem) but with a bit of luck I may be able to use a spare one
at the computer club (100Mbit) instead.

  The (to various degrees) panicking kernel config was basically the
GENERIC config with everything that is not physically present in an U1
or not desperately needed removed (no bpp driver, no bridging, etc),
but with IPv6, hme0 and nsphy enabled.

--
/ali
:wq