Subject: Re: Watchdog Reset
To: Jaka Jejcic <keks@kibla.org>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/06/2004 01:25:00
On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 11:11:18PM +0100, Jaka Jejcic wrote:
> I successfully installed 1.6.1-release on my Ultra 1.
> Now I'm trying to convince it to run current. But I'm having some
> trouble even booting the current miniroot.fs.
> It starts booting:
>
> ..>>NetBSD/sparc64 OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.6
> and so on...
>
> and starts loading kernel.
> But then it fails with:
>
> Watchdog Reset
> Externally Initiated Reset
>
> and I'm back to 'ok' prompt.
> I was getting the same problems with INSTALL kernel booted
> from already functional bsd partition with 1.6.1 installed.
> Where is the catch?

Well, that's way to little information, ideally complete dmesg
would be the most helpful, you'll need serial console for that,
otherwise what was the last several lines of it? is that 32 or 64 bit
kernel? How do you build it, with what compiler?
Also try to boot with -V flag and collect dmesg.

In any case try ofw command (after 'ok' prompt):
.trap-registers

it will give you pc and you can find a place in kernel where
that thing happened.

	Andrey