Subject: Re: GENERIC panic on ultra5
To: Jeff Bachtel <jeff@cepheid.org>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/28/2004 10:07:48
On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 12:34:16PM -0600, Jeff Bachtel wrote:
> I am trying to get something akin to -current working on an ultra5.
> The 1.6.1 GENERIC kernel boots fine (as distributed, I've not yet
> tried compiling my own), however a compile of -current as of Jan 24
> fails during boot with:
>
> Kernelized RAIDframe activated
> wd0 at atabus0 drive 0panic: lockmgr: no context
> kdb breakpoint at 13143f4
> Stopped at      netbsd:cpu_Debugger =0x4:       nop
>
> The dmesg of the running machine is available at
> http://www.cepheid.org/~jeff/dmesg-01.txt (not sure if attachments are
> welcome on this list).
>
> Has anyone else seen this? Any hints on what to fiddle with to
> possibly debug this?

I tried very current GENERIC kernel on ultra 5 and it's all right,
netbooted and reached multiuser. I havn't stressed it but your kernel
didn't even started init. I suggest to try kernel from dayly builds
to exclude possible compilation errors.

If that gives you the same result then, I'd start with LOCKDEBUG,
DEBUG and DIAGNOSTIC options in kernel config.

> Looking, my GENERIC32 is 1.78, so I'll see if reverting to 1.77 has
> any benefits, but advice would be appreciated.

Very unlikely that can cause that problem.

	Andrey