Subject: Few more Ultra 5 questions
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/28/2004 13:44:53
Hello,

I apologize for second batch of questions but i can't find the answers
anywhere with Google yet i'm sure many of you know them:

1: what is the brown slot directly between PCI riser slot and 4x DIMM
slots on the motherboard ? It is unoccupied, it has narrow contacts
(like PCI, not like ISA for example).

2: how do i determine revision of my motherboard ? I recall reading
somewhere that in order for CPU to be replaced motherboard must support
it. I can probably fin the page listing matching mobo&CPU pairs again
but i can't find mobo type anywhere ?!

3: Is Sun floppy standard MFM PeeCee floppy ? Can i replace defunct Sun
floppy with PC floppy in my Ultra 5 ?

4: is there any particular order in which PCI slots should be filled ? I
plan to put in a SCSI controller as advised earleir, together with 1 10k
drive (i intended to plce the controller in the single slot right behind
the floppy drive - will that work ?).

5: PSU looks pretty much like your regular ATX PSU; can i use PC PSU as
replacement if this one bites the dust ?

6: what's the purpose of that bay door-like thingy right above floippy
drive ?

Blaz Antonic