Subject: GENERIC panic on ultra5
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Bachtel <jeff@cepheid.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/27/2004 12:34:16
I am trying to get something akin to -current working on an ultra5.
The 1.6.1 GENERIC kernel boots fine (as distributed, I've not yet
tried compiling my own), however a compile of -current as of Jan 24
fails during boot with:

Kernelized RAIDframe activated
wd0 at atabus0 drive 0panic: lockmgr: no context
kdb breakpoint at 13143f4
Stopped at      netbsd:cpu_Debugger =0x4:       nop

The dmesg of the running machine is available at
http://www.cepheid.org/~jeff/dmesg-01.txt (not sure if attachments are
welcome on this list).

Has anyone else seen this? Any hints on what to fiddle with to
possibly debug this?

Looking, my GENERIC32 is 1.78, so I'll see if reverting to 1.77 has
any benefits, but advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
jeff

P.S. I'm trying to get -current working on this ultra5, due to the
fact that postfix on 1.6.1 on x86 seems to behave poorly with .forward
files and procmail (and, Googling, this appears to be a known bug). If
it is known that this bug doesn't exist on sparc64 1.6.1, I'd be happy
to abandon this quest.