Subject: Re: example of /etc/XF86Config for Sun Ultra 10 w/creator available?
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/09/2004 10:34:11
On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 05:20:52PM +0100, macfinity Mailing Lists wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm in trouble with a Sun Ultra 10 getting X running on it :( [see dmsg
> below)
>
> google does not find _good_ examples on this topic, so i ask here...
>
> there is not special thing like dual head (you might notice that this
> machine has creator _and_ on board ATI gfx) required, just plain X on
> that creator...
>
> is anybody able to provide me an example of a running config?

There is sample in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/petrov/X.
Some time ago I put my X stuff in that directory, that includes source
patches and binaries. XFree86 (which is port of openbsd's wsfb driver)
works all right on ultra30, so I'd expect it to work on ultra 10 too.
You'll need wscons to start xserver, so take a look at U2FFB kernel config.

	Andrey