Subject: re: PCI IDE Controller card - Ultra 5
To: Todd Caldwell <todd_caldwell@hotmail.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/23/2003 01:27:18
   Hi,
   Just wondering if anyone has been able to get a Silicon Image (680) PCI controller card working in an Ultra 5?  I made the nvramrc edits suggested in the FAQ and the
 Ultra is not recognizing the card.  Before I spend any additional time on this card, just curious if anyone else has been successful with this model....or if someone h
as been using another card successfully in an Ultra 5, please advise.

   Also, with the nvramrc edits, will the machine be able to boot from the drives connected to the PCI controller?  ...or must a drive always be attached to the on-boar
d IDE controller?

   Thank you, Todd Caldwell

if you can boot from something else (be it the original internal ide,
cdrom, floppy, network, etc.), netbsd can use the pciide card once it
is running.  the nvramrc edit's you are talking about are the ones
that lloyd made trying to get a promise card to work?  those were for
a promise card, not the silimg card - perhaps you need to switch some
numbers around, i don't know, i don't remember lloyd's code right now..

.mrg.