Subject: PCI IDE Controller card - Ultra 5
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Caldwell <todd_caldwell@hotmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/20/2003 05:55:24
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has been able to get a Silicon Image (680) PCI =
controller card working in an Ultra 5?  I made the nvramrc edits =
suggested in the FAQ and the Ultra is not recognizing the card.  Before =
I spend any additional time on this card, just curious if anyone else =
has been successful with this model....or if someone has been using =
another card successfully in an Ultra 5, please advise.

Also, with the nvramrc edits, will the machine be able to boot from the =
drives connected to the PCI controller?  ...or must a drive always be =
attached to the on-board IDE controller?

Thank you, Todd Caldwell