Subject: Re: X behaving badly
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/27/2003 15:44:18
> Does anyone else have this problem? Or could someone give me a pointer as to
> where the problem might be located?

Hmm, I was going to mail about a problem I'm seeing with Xfree 4 with a
cgsix card in an Ultra 1.  I'd used an Xfree 4 server compiled a few months
ago under 1.6K with no problems.  I recently (13 Nov) upgraded to -current.
The Xfree 4 server that I compiled at the same time also has problmes - when
starting the server, the background is "blocky" with only part of the cursor
visible.  Text displayed in an xterm looks like random pixels in roughly
the correct place.  The server doesn't run for very long though - it dies
with a bus error at:

  sunGXTEGlyphBlt ()
  miImageText8 ()
  doImageText ()
  ImageText ()
  ProcImageText8 ()
  Dispatch ()
  main ()
  ___start ()

I've gone back to Xfree 3 for the moment.  That's almost OK - the display
is fine but the server seems to lose events.  I have focus follows pointer
but, most of the time, the window that I move the cursor to doesn't get the
focus - it sticks in a previous window.  Also, cut and paste is strange -
it takes several attempts to be able to cut text.

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to look - this is my work machine
and we've been busy getting a release done.

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/