Subject: problem building distribution
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Bozanich <abozan01@ccsf.edu>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/24/2003 16:37:57
Hi all.  I am trying to upgrade an old 1.6 install.  I updated my sources
via sup to current.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, but here's what I've done:

1) ./build.sh tools

This bailed out the first time, then when I ran it again to catch the
error, everything went fine.

2) compile kernel.
For some reason, the './build.sh tools' was not installing the new
'config', so I compiled and installed it manually.

3) ./build.sh distribution

No luck here.  I tried it once, then deleted everything in /usr/obj and
tried again (beginning with ./build.sh tools).  here's what I got:

configure: warning:
*** Makeinfo is missing or too old.
*** Info documentation will not be built.
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-ld: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-as: not found
sparc64--netbsd-ld: not found
Links are now set up to build a cross-compiler for sparc64--netbsd
  from sparc64-unknown-netbsd1.6ZF.
In file included from /usr/src/gnu/dist/gcc/gcc/gengenrtl.c:29:
/usr/src/gnu/dist/gcc/gcc/real.h:67: size of array `test_real_width' is negative

ERROR: Failed to make distribution
*** BUILD ABORTED ***

(BY the way, I captured this with
'./build.sh distribution 2> /root/compile_output'
Is there a better method?)

It seems like when I build the tools, they are not being installed or something.
Am I supposed to do something like 'build.sh tools install=/'???

If anybody has some insight to this problem, please let me know

TIA
-Adam Bozanich