Subject: Re: attempted netbsd installs
To: Ben Collver <collver1@comcast.net>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/20/2003 11:59:52
On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 06:35:24AM -0800, Ben Collver wrote:
> Good Day,
>
> I have a couple problems installing NetBSD on my Ultra 10.  NetBSD-1.6.1
> crashes during sysinst.  NetBSD-current can't see my hard drive.  I would
> prefer to use -current.  Can anyone advise me on how I might resolve this?

I suspect that there is no simple workaround for your ide problem (well,
you can probaly find scsi or other ide controller and try that), but
someone should take a look and fix ata driver. I'd suggest you to file PRs for
both your problems.

Meanwhile I'd install 1.6.1 system manually and later after -current ide issue
resolved would upgrade it.

I havn't noticed ide problem on ultra5 but i use it with network root and
everything, so it's probable that my ide disk is not recognised too.
I'll check that tonight.

	Andrey