Subject: Re: hme0 diagnostic messages
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@NetBSD.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/03/2003 17:28:34
--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 12:31:16PM -0800, Andrey Petrov wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 03:10:18PM -0500, Sean Davis wrote:
> > I recently setup my NetBSD/sparc64 machine (Ultra5, 270mhz) with
> > spamassassin and am running spamd on it. My main i386 machine which act=
ually
> > receives the mail then (via spamc -d ...) offloads spam processing to t=
he
> > sparc64: the only annoying part is this.
> >=20
> > I had a bunch of messages come in at once (which is not unusual) so they
> > were tossed at spamd, five at a time (the concurrency limit I have on l=
ocal
> > delivery so as not to overload the spam processing box), and I saw this=
 as
> > they were getting processed:
> >=20
> > (wordwrapped to avoid long lines)
> > Nov  3 14:55:32 starways /netbsd: hme0: status=3D21<GOTFRAME,RFIFOVF>
<snip>
>=20
> Use hme.c revision 1.39.

Looking at the diff, it appears all that has changed is the #define HMEDEBUG
is commented out. The stuff in hme.c::hme_eint() that causes those messages
isn't wrapped in an #ifdef HMEDEBUG, that I can see. Does the fact that the
interface doesn't get set into debug mode by default without HMEDEBUG make
it so that ((status & HME_SEB_STAT_ALL_ERRORS) !=3D 0) (line 991) can never=
 be
true?

-Sean

--