Subject: Re: mk48txx(4) tod clock driver cleanup
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/31/2003 13:23:06
On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 02:45:59AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to commit the following changes to cleanup
> MI mk48txx(4) tod clock driver:
> http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/mk48txx-20031031.diff
>
> Current mk48txx(4) defines struct mk48txx in mk48txx.c and
> allocate memory for the struct mk48txx and struct todr_chip_handle
> in mk48txx_attach() by malloc(9) with ALIGN() macro,
> and current mk48txx_attach() takes many args to register
> todr(9) interface.
>
> In my changes, struct mk48txx_softc are defined in mk48txxvar.h
> like usual device drivers and all necessary values like struct
> todr_chip_handle and members in old struct mk48txx are allocated
> in it. mk48txx_allock() now only takes struct mk48txx_softc for arg,
> and mk48txx_nvwr() and mk48txx_nvrd() functions are also changed
> to take struct mk48txx_softc instead of bus space tag and handle.
>
> Additionally, this patch also contains changes for prep and sparc64
> to use MI mc146818(4) todclock driver.
> (BTW, clock attachments on sparc64 should be split into each devices..)
>
> I have checked news68k, newsmips, sparc and sparc64 (with mkclock) are
> working and I confirm that all GENERIC kernels using mk48txx compile.
> mvme68k, mvmeppc and prep are not tested (I don't have these machines),
> but all changes are trivial anyway.

Does this mean an end to seeing "No counter-timer -- using %tick at 269MHz
as system clock." on my Ultra5? I know the thing has an RTC.. you can watch
it from OFW...
Although, I do also see "clock0 at ebus0 addr 0-1fff: mk48t59: hostid
809e8804".. I'm still wondering what the no counter-timer bit is about.

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!