Subject: Re: A couple Sun Ultra5 questions
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/09/2003 22:22:34
On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 09:55:53PM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
> Hi, I will soon be getting an Ultra5 from a friend of mine, and I have a few
> questions. Please bear in mind that the only openboot sparc I have ever used
> was a ss1+, and that was years ago, so I know next to nothing about
> openboot.
>
> 1) Will it be able to boot from an Adaptec AHA-2940UW PCI Ultra-Wide scsi
>    card?

Ok, a friend of mine answered this one for me, no way in hell, so proceed to
3). LSI/QLogic cards are expensive as hell. Is there anywhere one can get
    them for a decent price? AHA-2940UW cards can be had for $5 on ebay, and
    the LSI/QLogic cards with the same capabilities often cost ten times as
    much.

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII