Subject: A couple Sun Ultra5 questions
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/09/2003 21:55:53
Hi, I will soon be getting an Ultra5 from a friend of mine, and I have a few
questions. Please bear in mind that the only openboot sparc I have ever used
was a ss1+, and that was years ago, so I know next to nothing about
openboot.

1) Will it be able to boot from an Adaptec AHA-2940UW PCI Ultra-Wide scsi
   card?
2) Will NetBSD recognize/support a 333mhz+2MB cache CPU if I upgrade it with
   one? (I can't think of any reason NetBSD wouldn't, but I'd rather be sure)
3) if the answer to 1) is "no", what PCI SCSI (at least Ultra/Wide, Ultra2
   or better preferable) would be recommended for this box, as I don't
   intend to run it off the ATA drive?

Thanks in advance,

-Sean

--