Subject: Re: pciide/atabus changes
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/09/2003 00:28:46
On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 10:53:33PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> The easy way would be to add all the *ide drivers names to bus_class_tab[]
> in sparc64/sparc64/autoconf.c

Please do that for now, at least for cmdide.

> but as we now have atabus between the
> controller driver and wd, maybe we could use that instead to avoid
> growing bus_class_tab[] too much.

From a very quick glance it's unclear to me why the dev_compatible checks
on PCI subclasses don't fire:

                case PCI_CLASS_MASS_STORAGE:
                        if (PCI_SUBCLASS(pa->pa_class) ==
                                PCI_SUBCLASS_MASS_STORAGE_IDE) {

If this could be made to catch this case, we wouldn't need the table for it;
or are vendors just lacking to fill in proper info here?

Martin