Subject: Re: netBSD 1.6.1 on a SPARC E3000 ?
To: Jakob Strebel <mail@teamstrebel.ch>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/19/2003 15:27:44
On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 09:15:13PM +0200, Jakob Strebel wrote:

> >> It would be interesting to see ofw configuration (prtconf -pv on
> >> solaris). I don't know what it is and how important to support 'central'
> >or
> >> 'fhc' to get system running, I'd guess that custom kernel might work.
>
> I have now two options. Either install Solaris or install freeBSD.
> I have no problem to do the two it just takes some time.

I don't know if FreeBSD has similar utility (we don't have such in-tree
btw and pass Matt Thomas' ofdump.c). You probably can do that from firmware
but it might take some time because you'll need to walk manually through
device tree with

cd 'put node here'
ls
.properties

Probably you don't need to install solaris, but just boot it and
run prtconf.

> What I can deliver immediately is are, the startup messages of Debian Sparc
> Linux and Aurora Linux which is based on Redhat 7.3 with a 2.4.20 kernel.

That might work, post it please.

	Andrey