Subject: Re: netBSD 1.6.1 on a SPARC E3000 ?
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/19/2003 14:30:02
On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 03:25:07AM -0400, Andrey Petrov wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 11:09:08PM +0200, Jakob Strebel wrote:
> > Hello listreaders,
> >
> > I know Sparc E3000 is not supported, but I tried to boot netBSD 1.6.1
> > on my E3000 from a CD and trough the net. (The crash occurs at the same
> > place)
> >
> > Would the SPARC experts on this list please have a look at the startup
> > log below and give me feedback how big are they seeing the chances to
> > bring netBSD to the SPARC E3000.
> >

> It would be interesting to see ofw configuration (prtconf -pv on
> solaris). I don't know what it is and how important to support 'central' or
> 'fhc' to get system running, I'd guess that custom kernel might work.

I dont recall those devices as being particularly important.  The big issues are
allowing multiple SBus and PCI controllers (I think the SBus driver originally
used a single static data structure for something, and the psycho driver needs
to be able to handle more than 2 PCI buses that are not associated with the same
controller...) and adding UPAIDs to interrupt vectors so they are dispatched to
the correct CPU and are correlated with the correct SBus/PCI bus.

Eduardo