Subject: Re: Just got a "new" Machine
To: port-sparc64 <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: leam <leam@reuel.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/08/2003 15:48:50
Welcome Chris!

1. SMP is not currently supported in NetBSD/Sparc64. It is a work in
progress and I have a spare CPU in my U2 just waiting for it.

2. Not sure on the video card--if what is in there doesn't work use the
old one.

3. Solaris 9? Try NetBSD for a few weeks and you'll never go back. Your
machine will run blindingly fast and you'll hardly hit the RAM. When SMP
works it will probably type the commands for you.

As a Solaris admin I can't wait to get home and have things work faster.

ciao!

leam