Subject: Re: Ultra 2 Creator, report + some questions
To: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/07/2003 21:05:44
On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 04:39:22PM +0200, Martin Weber wrote:

> sc at sbus0 slot 15 offset 0x1300000 not configured
> SUNW,pll at sbus0 slot 15 offset 0x1304000 not configured
>
> What about those two ?

System controler and some syncro clocking device(i think) which
noone normally needs to use and/or touch.

> SUNW,ffb at mainbus0 addr 0xfec00000 not configured
>
> Yes I know this one is not yet supported. So, how can I help ? I
> have the hardware after all. I'm a bit baffled, too, about some
> ffb* sourcefiles lying around (obviously imported from OpenBSD ?
> How dare they support stuff we don't support :). So no X so far
> (but me want of course) ... or are there patches lying around ? I
> saw a msg earlier (far earlier) with precompiled kernel and X sets,
> yet quite ancient. Is there something going on here ? I also see
> an open ffb support PR, but the files are imported already ? Also
> when I try to use ffb in the kernel (which says it's attached at
> upa btw, I don't have one (do I ? :), changed it to ffb at mainbus,
> but can't compile my kernel because of unresolved externals to
> rasops_init (is that raster console or RAS stuff ?) and wscons
> stuff:

I'm working on it, not everything is working/commited, so I'm going
to send it here, it'll take some time to sort them.

Short status update:
wscons seems to be all right though I havn't explored much,
openbsd's wsfb driver comes up, xserver 64bit be problem exists
somewhere in XPutImage and *glyph functions.

You need to enable RASTERCONSOLE and add wscons to you config.
I'll try to come up with how-to shortly.

	Andrey