Subject: Re: Failure to build gcc3 on sparc64
To: leam <leam@reuel.net>
From: dieter <dieter@opensource.rave.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/05/2003 04:22:02
leam to port-sparc64 about Re: Failure to build gcc3 on sparc64:

> Sorry, I'm confused on this, I don't do a lot of cvs work yet. I just
> updated src and pkgsrc and the file is from 19:16 this evening.
>
> Wouldn't this be a new file?

When cvs can't merge the changes of a local file with those in the
repository, it leaves the merging to you, indicating the different
parts with the <<<<< stuff you saw. You can see when this happens if a
cvs update prefixes a filename with "C" (conflict). So, your
bsd.pkg.defaults.mk was either locally modified or corrupted. If you
modified it, it is a better idea to put those changes in /etc/mk.conf .

kind regards,
dieter

--

	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley