Subject: re: Odd data faults on U5 with Promise U66 IDE controller
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/28/2003 22:53:02
hmmm...

i thought i had a promise U100 card in my U10 for most of this year,
but it turns out it's the el-cheapo ST labs one i have as well.  the
promise is in my mac.  i'm now reminded that the reason i swapped them
was because of one system being unstable, and while i don't remember
exactly, i think it was the promise controller that was failing so
it must have been failing in the U10.  the $50AU card has been working
fine since.... looks like march:

	pciide1 at pci2 dev 3 function 0: Silicon Image 0680 (rev. 0x02)
	pciide1: bus-master DMA support present
	pciide1: primary channel configured to native-PCI mode
	pciide1: using ivec 18 for native-PCI interrupt

so - it may be some promise-specific problem.  the card that was failing
probed like this:

	pciide1 at pci2 dev 3 function 0: Promise Ultra100/ATA Bus Master IDE Accelerator (rev. 0x02)
	pciide1: bus-master DMA support present
	pciide1: primary channel configured to native-PCI mode
	pciide1: using ivec 18 for native-PCI interrupt

.mrg.