Subject: Re: Problems building SPLODE on Ultra Enterprise 1
To: Edwin Mons <e@ik.nu>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/11/2003 16:48:31
On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 04:39:01PM +0200, Edwin Mons wrote:
> I'm trying to build a new kernel for my Sun Ultra Enterprise 1.  The OS
> is NetBSD 1.6.1.  After a failed attempt to build a kernel from a
> GENERIC32-derived config, I tried to build SPLODE.

This both are 32bit kernels. You need to compile them with a sparc toolchain,
not a sparc64 one. Try to derive your config from GENERIC32 but add the thinks
GENERIC does (before it includes GENERIC32).

If you realy want a 32bit kernel, you can cross-compile it from some other
machine (but with 1.6.1 not from a sparc64 one, unless it's already running
a 32bit kernel and sparc userland - kinda chicken & egg problem).

Easiest way to get a 32bit kernel setup on a new machine is to just install
NetBSD/sparc and use the SUN4U kernel.

Martin