Subject: Re: Problems building SPLODE on Ultra Enterprise 1
To: Edwin Mons <e@ik.nu>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/11/2003 10:47:39
In message <20030811143901.GA84572@ik.nu>, you write:

-> Hi,
->
-> I'm trying to build a new kernel for my Sun Ultra Enterprise 1.  The OS
-> is NetBSD 1.6.1.  After a failed attempt to build a kernel from a
-> GENERIC32-derived config, I tried to build SPLODE.  This, too, failed.
-> The process stops here:
->
[...]
-> ld: warning: sparc:v8plus architecture of input file `compat_exec.o.o' is in
-> compatible with sparc:v9 output

Hmmm, are you running a 32-bit userland on your sparc64?  I'm not sure
why else your compiler would be genrating v8 or v8+ output files... I've
never had any issues building, but I've ran a 64-bit userland from the
beginning (call it laziness if you want :-).

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill