Subject: Re: 1.6 & mysql-server?
To: Adam Bozanich <abozan01@ccsf.edu>
From: Emre Yildirim <ey@ieee.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/28/2003 21:45:31
Once upon a time Adam Bozanich said:

> I would really like to get a mysql server running on netbsd-1.6
> port-sparc64.  It is looking to me like the pkgsrc tree is not supporting
> it?
>
> root@ultra# cd /usr/pkgsrc/databases/mysql-server && make install
> ===> mysql-server-3.23.49nb3 is not available for NetBSD-1.6-sparc64
>
> root@ultra# cd /usr/pkgsrc/databases/mysql-client/ && make install
> ===> Checking for vulnerabilities in mysql-client-3.23.49nb3
> => Checksum mismatch for mysql-3.23.49.tar.gz.
> Make sure the Makefile and checksum file
> (/usr/pkgsrc/databases/mysql-client/distinfo)
> are up to date.  If you want to override this check, type
> "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
> *** Error code 1

maybe the file was partially downloaded and interrupted?  See if it exists in
/usr/pkgsrc/distfiles; if it does, delete it and try again.  Otherwise you could
always try to compile mysql by hand.  I had no problems getting 4.x to work on my
1.6P system.  But that was on i386 of course.  Unfortunately I don't have any
sparc64 machines with netbsd left, that I can experiment with.

take care