Subject: weird install error on netra X1 (probably hardware)
To: 'port-sparc64@netbsd.org' <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Simoes, Dan <DSimoes@cervalis.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/10/2003 11:56:57
So, I decided to give the netbsd thing a try, you guys were nice enough to
write code for all the crappy outdated sun hardware we've got laying around.
:)

Cracked open the netra X1, added an external IDE drive, and we're booting.
Cool.  As soon as the boot begins, my terminal session (kermit via another
machine, serial connection) starts scrolling endlessly with some gobblygook.

It looks like this:
---
 D#3P6-!F
                               !%6
                                  D#3P6-!F
                                          !%6

---

Now, I tried booting freebsd, and got the same thing.
I changed the terminal type in kermit to vt100 (it was xterm), no
difference.

Any suggestions, other than trying to connect using a different terminal?

Thanks.