Subject: Re: sun pci GE/gem
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/08/2003 12:29:29
On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 12:20:11PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 09:50:48PM -0700, john heasley wrote:
> > ok, I have figured out the right bits to turn to make this card work.
> > but, as Eduardo said, it does not have a MII connected to the SERDES,
> > so i'm trying to figure out how to fake one.
>
> If the board doesn't have PHYs you probably don't want to fake one.
> See the sys/dev/ic/tulip.c or sys/dev/ic/elinkxl.c for examples of
> drivers which may or may not attach a PHY, depending on hardware.

Does netbsd have a driver for the Olicom ethernet+modem PCMCIA cards?
The CIS on them is so braindead (completely different cards have the
same CIS) that I ended up reading the PHY type over the MII, and if
I got ~0 assuming there wasn't one connected so it had to be a 10M
card using the internal TP interface.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk