Subject: re: pkgsrc gcc3 vs. sparc64?
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/01/2003 13:18:22

   I don't know how to fix it properly so workarounds:
   	configure with --disable-shared so there will be no libgcc_s.so,
   or
   	set TARGET_LIBGCC2_CFLAGS to usual -fPIC -DPIC in gcc/Makefile (after configure),
   	(there will be PIC penalty for libgcc_s.a).

aren't there a set of flags espcially for libgcc_s?  these should
contain -fPIC -DPIC and it probably should go in gcc/config/netbsd.h.

what do you think jason?

   I think ideally we should support multilib build and have both 32 and 64 bit
   libraries, I looked there a little but put it off. And I also saw another issue
   arisen from gcc33 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2003/02/12/0023.html

yah.  we should be able to just copy the solaris stubs for this was
my thought last time i was looking there (a couple of months ago.)