Subject: Re: SIGSEGV on 1.6.1 dump
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: leam <leam@reuel.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/26/2003 15:52:01
Andrey Petrov wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 03:36:33PM -0400, leam wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to cut down the kdump output? Last night I had *lots* of
>>"\0\0\0" lines. I'll read up on kdump and report back when I have something.
>>

> You can exclude data transferred back and forth in syscalls by specifying
> -t flags. Something like '-t cnis' should give you smaller trace. I'd also
> create small filesystem for test.
>
> 	Andrey

Hmm... on the other hand, I was just forcibly reminded of something. The
dump seems to work on the smaller filesystem (221M) but dies on the
larger one (1.3G). However, I was just compiling bind and got a "virtual
memory exhausted" error. The machine has 128 physical and 256 swap, and
right now wasn't doing much beside the compile.

Could this be an issue for dump as well?

ciao!

leam