Subject: Re: SIGSEGV on 1.6.1 dump
To: leam <leam@reuel.net>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/21/2003 19:56:01
On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 12:44:35PM -0400, leam wrote:
> Still using dump, sorry.  :) Trying to use the dump script to write to a
> cleanly made partition and I get:
>
>  extract file ./tar_files/base.tgz
>    DUMP: readBlocks: lseek fails: Invalid argument
>    DUMP: rawread: lseek fails
>    DUMP: rawread: lseek2 fails: Invalid argument!
>    DUMP: rawread: lseek2 fails: Invalid argument!
>    DUMP: rawread: lseek2 fails: Invalid argument!
>    DUMP: rawread: lseek2 fails: Invalid argument!
>    DUMP: rawread: lseek2 fails: Invalid argument!
>    DUMP: rawread: lseek2 fails: Invalid argument!
>    DUMP: rawread: lseek2 fails: Invalid argument!
>    DUMP: rawread: lseek2 fails: Invalid argument!
>    DUMP: SIGSEGV: ABORTING!
>      DUMP: SIGSEGV: ABORTING!
>      DUMP: SIGSEGV: ABORTING!
>  DUMP: DUMP: SIGSEGV: ABORTING!
>  SIGSEGV: ABORTING!
>  Segmentation fault - core dumped
>
> This works in 1.6T. I thought 1.6.1 had fixed the dump issue. Or am I
> hitting something else?

The problem I'm aware was manifested in silent data corruption during
dump, and it was iommu streaming cache or in other words ultra2 for sure
and other higher models. I didn't requested pullup for that primarily
because I didn't have 1.6 system handy and time to make 'full circle'.
So that problem is still in 1.6.1 (unless I missed Martin's requests).

Your problem appears differently.
Is there a possibility that you're trying 16T executable against
1.6.1 kernel? I'd try ktrace on dump to see what's going on with
those lseek arguments.

	Andrey