Subject: Re: 32-Bit Userland On 64-Bit Machine?
To: Bill Dorsey <dorsey@lila.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/29/2003 12:46:06
In message <B0550CE8-8E8B-11D7-A5B1-000393B67A48@lila.com>, you write:

-> Hmm.  Either I screwed something up with the procedure I outlined
-> below, or there are some issues with the 32-bit Sun4u kernel.  I was
-> trying to build some software in pkgsrc (digest) and cc1 died from a
-> signal 11.  After a number of tries, the kernel paniced with the
-> following:
->
-> trap: textfault at 21070!! sending SIGILL due to trap 16: illegal
-> instruction

These textfaults sound like corrupted shared libs.  I had a raft of
these with one of Martin's old X snapshots, which I tracked back to
one of the X libraries which had somehow been built incorrectly or
been munged between build and upload to ftp.n.o.

-> trap type 0x34: pc=1337f2c npc=1337f30 pstate=140006<PRIV,IE>
-> kernel trap 34: mem address not aligned
-> syncing disks... 18 6 done
-> Frame pointer is at 0xe5915a0
-> Call traceback:

This I don't know anything about, tho :-<

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill