Subject: Re: 32-Bit Userland On 64-Bit Machine?
To: Bill Dorsey <dorsey@lila.com>
From: Stoned Elipot <seb@starfleet.univ-paris7.fr>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/25/2003 16:15:05
On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 11:11:13PM -0700, Bill Dorsey wrote:
[SNIP]
> While it may be that running in 64-bit mode is the right way to go down
> the line, until more of the pkgsrc sources I depend on (like cyrus and
> apache-ssl) work in 64-bit big-endian mode, I'm stuck running in 32-bit
> mode.  Given all the compiler warnings I saw scroll by when I was

FYI...
:;uname -srm;pkg_info -e cyrus-imapd
NetBSD 1.6 sparc64
cyrus-imapd-2.1.12
:;file /usr/pkg/cyrus/bin/imapd
/usr/pkg/cyrus/bin/imapd: ELF 64-bit MSB executable, SPARC V9, version 1 (SYSV), for NetBSD, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

This is where my mail is delivered since the beginning of the year,
with one or two cyrus-imapd update along the way...