Subject: Undefined PLT symbol (Wuz: Re: What to read for boot process?)
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: leam <leam@reuel.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/23/2003 21:24:26
Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 09:16:31PM -0400, leam wrote:
>
>>mount -va fails:
>>
>>usage: mount_umap [ -o option] -u usermap -g groupmap target_fs mount_point
>

> Strange.
>
> Try multiple -v's and maybe adding "-t ffs", and try per partition in your
> fstab (obviously leaving out the swap partition).
>
> E.g.: mount -v -v -v -t ffs /dev/rsd1a /
> (substituting the -t and the device argument line by line from your /etc/fstab)
>
> Martin

Well, some progress. I newfs'd the / partition then did the
diskBackup.sh script. It *does* seem to mount the / partition correctly,
and the only error I see beofre getting the login prompt is when
sendmail scrolls up the screen:

/usr/sbin/sendmail: Undefined PLT symbol "fparseln" (reloc type = 21,
symnum = 18)

Note that I've not configured sendmail at all.

At the login: prompt I login it and give it the root user and password,
it gives me an error then the login prompt again:

Undefined PLT symbol "getlastlogx" (reloc type = 21, symnum = 16)

thoughts?

ciao!

leam

NEW FLASH! IT WORKS!

Okay, so this won't make the headlines. Not sure what is/was going
wrong, but the above gave me a hint. The problem areas were on /usr,
which was a seperate, un-newfs'd partition. I just got through newfs'ing
all of them, fsck'd them, ran the backup script, fsck'd them again, and
it finally works!

Sounds like I was still using old fsck code or something. Oh well. ONe
to close out, several to go.....

ciao!

leam