Subject: Re: What to read for boot process?
To: leam <leam@reuel.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/13/2003 01:13:20
On Mon, 12 May 2003, leam wrote:
> I did a dump from the working disk to the secondary and tried to boot
> from the secondary. Even though the /etc/fstab was modified I see mount
> syntax errors and the filesystems fail to mount. Unfortunately it also

"Mount syntax errors" sounds like you foobar'd /etc/fstab.
Care to copy it here (or just sanity check it yourself ;)?

> prevents me from doing a "stop-a" to copy the message.

Well, a few lines of context including errors should be doable by hand...

> Where can I look into what the poot process is to see where it is dying?

That's hard to tell, given that you give no information.
Of course you could try to boot singleuser "boot -s", then fsck and mount
things manually (fsck -p, mount -va), then check /etc/rc and run it with
sh -v or so.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html