Subject: Re: Front panel power button
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/21/2003 14:55:43
On Monday, April 21, 2003, at 02:32  PM, Greywolf wrote:

> Default action while the machine is up and in multi-user mode is...to
> do nothing.  The keyboard power button is typically only effective from
> the PROM level unless you map it otherwise.

The front-panel power button powers off the machine, period.  It's
quite nice for the OS to try and do something graceful in this case.

In NetBSD, the keyboard power button currently does nothing.  I forget
what the default behavior in Solaris for the keyboard power button is.

I would say that the keyboard power button should continue to *default*
to doing nothing, unless some wsconsctl option is set for it to do
something.