Subject: Re: Front panel power button
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/21/2003 23:29:38
On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 11:19:58PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Well, I hope that the default behavior of this button won't be power down.
> It's a bit too easy to hit, I think :)

Actually it is (and as far as I can tell always has been).

It's easily customizable though, set powerd=YES in rc.conf and rmove the
/etc/powerd/scripts/power_button script to make it do nothing (or replace
by a script of your liking). See powerd(8) for details.

Without powerd running it just initiates an imediate "halt -p" equivalent,
but the new code does this with better chances of file systems being synced.

Martin