Subject: Re: Front panel power button
To: der Mouse <mouse@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/21/2003 18:40:32
On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 12:22:28PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> I question the relevance to most machines, though, as most SBus
> machines will probably be using a serial-line-on-motherboard keyboard
> like the sparc-non-64 machines....

No, this is a misunderstanding ;-)

The original question was: is the power button on the back of my U2 a
hard power switch or a pure software button (like the front panel button
on my U5 that does exactly nothing if ignored by software).

If its a software button, we could route it to /dev/power and make powerd
handle it - if not there is nothing todo.

The power button on the keyboard will be handled on sbus sparc64 systems
exactly as on PCI ones (although it's zs connected instead of com, but that
does not matter in this context)

Martin