Subject: Anyone successfully using PHP4 on Sparc64 64-bit mode??
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: None <mlm@mm-network.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/27/2003 19:02:26
Greetings...

I am attempting to run squirrelmail on Sparc64 64-bit mode and
am getting "bus error" messages from my httpd processes.

I have heard chatter on the net that PHP4 is not 64-bit safe...

Does anyone have a solution to this without having to re-write PHP4?

If you have patches, please provide the PHP4 revison number as well...

One interesting thing I noticed is that when using the pkgsrc environment
on Sparc64, it pulls down PHP4 4.2.3.  When you go to the PHP main site,
and look through the revision history, for some reason they skip over
4.2.3...

Question:  If I try to load NetBSD-current, and using the pkgsrc
enviornment, would I be pulling down a newer version of PHP4??

I've considered porting squirrelmail over to Perl...

Any Ideas would be appreciated....

Thank You,
Mike Marshall