Subject: Re: XFree86 v43 vs. 33 clients
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/25/2003 00:13:15
In message <200303242013.h2OKD3r08956@fearless-vampire-killer.waterside.net>,
I wrote:

-> In message <20030324122105.GF342@drowsy.duskware.de>, you write:
->
-> -> On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 04:26:31AM -0500, Rafal Boni wrote:
-> -> > Folks:
-> -> > 	I upgraded my U5 to the userland and X Martin had sent out an
-> -> > 	email for on March 8th (kernel was already recent), and am now
-> -> > 	having trouble with TCL, especifically as used by exmh.
-> ->
-> -> When I moved my machine from XF3 to XF4 I blew away /usr/X11R6 before, th
-> en
-> -> installed the new X and then recompiled all X based pkgs.
->
-> Heh, if it's good enough for you, I think I'll follow that advice as well 8-
-> )

Well, it turns out that rebuilding Tk/Tcl against the new X got me about
as far, but now I'm not so sure this is a X/Tcl/Tk/exmh bug... When this
happens, I get the following message in the kernel message buffer:

trap: textfault at 40dc8980!! sending SIGILL due to trap 16: illegal instruction

...so now I'm wondering if it isn't really an X issue (other than maybe the
new X libraries being unhappy about the state of the system, or the new X
libraries being built incorrectly due to toolchain lossage).

I'll poke at this some more as I really would like to have exmh back, but
first I need to suck down the xsrc module, as I don't have X sources on
any of my machines, it seems...

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill