Subject: Re: SPARCengine Ultra AXi bogus power failure
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Craig Ian Dewick <craig@lios.apana.org.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/15/2003 13:40:10
In jedi.lists.port-sparc64 you write:

>On Jul 22,  8:40am, Francis Devereux wrote:
>} On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 12:51:03PM -0800, Eduardo Horvath wrote:
>} > On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 10:14:00PM +0000, Francis Devereux wrote:
>} > > I also commented out the line in the interrupt handler that actually powers
>} > > down.  I now get an endless stream of "Power Failure Detected" messages, it
>} > > seems like the interrupt is being triggered repeatedly.
>} >
>} > It's beginning to look like that board you have is not wired together
>} > correctly.  The process of dispatching the interrupt also clears it so
>} > the interrupt controller detects it again and sends a new interrupt
>} > packet.  Are you sure it's a Sun OEM board that's been repackaged
>} > and not clone board?
>}
>} I'm not sure.  The board has 'MB-ULTRAII i19 MADE IN TAIWAN' printed on it
>} on the edge near the PCI slots.  It seems to be laid out like the diagrams in

>     This pretty much cements it.  A real Ultra 2 has 4 Sbus slots and
>1 UPA slot.  Sun didn't start using PCI slots until the Ultra 5.

That's actually not true. The first PCI-based machine sold to the general
public was the Ultra-30, but the Ultra-AX came out before the Ultra 30 (I
think).

The Ultra 5/10 was released after the Ultra 30. Note that Ultra 5/10 system
boards are *not* a Sun product.

Regards,

Craig.
--
  Craig Ian Dewick (craig@lios.apana.org.au). http://lios.apana.org.au/~craig
  APANA Sydney Regional Co-ordinator. Operator of Jedi (an APANA Sydney POP).