Subject: 1.6 CD install problem
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: James d'Arcy <james.darcy@wraithbane.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/03/2003 21:03:34
Hi

I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.6 on an Ultra1 from an ISO image burned to
CD. The machine boots fine once it's told to go use the CD not the HD.
Sysinst seems OK untils it get to unpacking the install sets. When it runs
pax to extract the sets it locks hard and won't respond to anything, Ctrl-C,
Ctrl-Z, Ctrl-D, Stop-A. I rebooted and dropped out of sysinst and the
filesystems have been created OK on the HD. I mounted the CD and changed
into the directory with the sets in and ls is giving me what I expect but if
I try to untar kern-GENERIC.tgz then I get the same lock up.

I'd really appreciate any hints anyone could give me as to what I'm doing
wrong.

Thanks

James