Subject: ppp dialup?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Main <ian-netbsd@stemwinder.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/19/2003 13:40:37
Hi all,

So I installed 1.6 on my Ultra 10 from the iso on the ftp site,
and it all went without a hitch!  Very nice work.  Now however,
I am trying to set it up to do ppp dialup to my ISP and I can't
figure out what device it should be using.. it doesn't seem
that any work.

I get the following message at bootup:

t ebus0 addr 3083f8-3083ff ipl 41: ns16550a, working fifo
com0: console
kbd0 at com0 (console input)
com1 at ebus0 addr 3062f8-3062ff ipl 42: ns16550a, working fifo
ms0 at com1

And there's a nice little 9 pin connecter in the back that looks like
it should be a serial port, but when I try to run pppd using
/dev/ttyC01:

Feb 19 12:53:10  chat[518]:  -- write failed: Operation not supported by device

or pretty much any other tty* or dty* on the system (what's the
difference between them anyway?)

Well, thanks in advance for any help you might offer, and let
me know if you need more info!

    Ian