Subject: Re: CDROM drives
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Christian Smith <csmith@micromuse.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/26/2003 18:45:02
On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Rick Kelly wrote:

>Geoff Blake said:
>
>>> Apart from the fact that U5s have no SCSI ...
>
>I put a SymBIOS SCSI card in my U5 and it sees the external 18gig fine.
>Also, the PROM can see the external disk and will be able to boot from a
>SCSI drive.

 <snip>

>There are various SymBIOS and LSI Logic cards that should work quite
>well.

Do U5/U10/blade have OpenFirmware support for generic 53x8xx based cards?
I notice that the 375-0005 SCSI card from SUN has no fcode ROM on board.
Surely SUN wouldn't sell a SCSI card that couldn't be booted from?

--
"I've started referring to the proposed action against Iraq as Desert
Storm 1.1, since it reminds me of a Microsoft upgrade: it's expensive,

    /"\
    / \